Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: 27 / 03 / 2020 – 17:01
This post is dedicated to keeping members of the Make CIC community updated by answering frequently asked questions. Please always refer to government guidance above all else, and err on the side of caution if you’re still unsure. We want everyone to know we are taking the current outbreak of Covid-19 very seriously. We will always try to do our best in the circumstances for our community and staff.
- Q: are the buildings open?
- Q: how are the buildings going to operate?
- Q: I’m self-employed, where can I get help?
Q: are the buildings open?
Yes – however, we strongly advise that you follow government advice and stay at home unless absolutely necessary. We recognise that for some, access to the space is essential to their livelihood. For that reason, the buildings will remain open. We ask that all non-essential uses are postponed to reduce the risk to those who have no other choice.
- Do not use the public areas – they are close.
- Avoid the use of the kitchen and bathrooms, if at all possible.
- Observe the critical guidance from the government on social distancing.
- Follow the government advice on hygiene – critically, you must wash your hands thoroughly.
- If you are part of the identified vulnerable group – do not come to the buildings.
Q: how are the buildings going to operate?
Make CIC will only be looking after the very critical elements of the building during this time. It is absolutely essential that use of the buildings follow government guidance. At this time, it is also essential that security and safety are the top priority of those who must continue to use the buildings.
- Keep the building locked – no members of the public can access during this time.
- At Make North Docks –
- the front door and gates must be locked behind you.
- the car park is not in use, although you may still use the roller-shutter.
- At Make Hamilton –
- the front door must not be held open.
- the gates must be locked behind you.
- At Make North Docks –
- The office will be closed – but you can contact us by telephone 0151 601 8665
Q: I’m self-employed, where can I get help?
The government have launched a scheme to help fund the self-employed through this period. More information can be obtained online at the link below. If you need support for this scheme, then please contact us for help.