Make Gallery Open Call
Make Liverpool is giving artists the opportunity to show their work at Make North Docks. Each exhibition will run for two months at a time and will have an opening night for every new exhibition. For each exhibition there will be a set theme; if your work relates to a theme in any way please apply below.
Here are a few more details:
- There will be someone there to help you set up on the day.
- There will be an opening on the Thursday evening so please invite friends and family.
- The work will be up for roughly two months at a time.
- Work will be displayed in our bar area that is open for events and room hire.
- Maximum of 4 pieces per person.
- Commissions - Make will take 10% commission on any piece sold.
- Marketing - we will market the exhibition, your work and the opening.
- Artists names and prices will be listed underneath each piece of work.
- There is no limit on how many themes you apply for but your work will only be selected for one exhibition.
- Due to the nature of the venue we do ask for mainly wall based work and small sculptures.
- We do have plinths that can be used.
- Due to lack of funds we unfortunately cannot accept any pieces that require AV equipment (films, projections etc).
July - Tradition
September - Connection
November - Conflict
January - Play
March- People power
Dates: July- September
- Set up: Wednesday 3rd July + Thursday 4th July
- Opening night: Thursday 4th July 18:00 - 21:00
- Duration of exhibition: Thursday 4th July- Thursday 29th August
- Take down: Thursday 29th August
Deadline for call out: Monday June 24th 2019.
Dates: September- November
-Set up: Wednesday 4th September & Thursday 5th September -Opening night: Friday 6th September 18:00 - 21:00
- Duration of exhibition: Thursday 5th September- Thursday 31st October
- Take down: Thursday October 31st
Deadline for call out: Tuesday August 13th 2019.
Dates: November- January
-Set up: Wednesday 6th November & Thursday 7th November -Opening night: Thursday 7th November
- Duration of exhibition: Thursday 7th November- Tuesday 7th January
- Take down: Tuesday 7th January
Deadline for call out: Tuesday 15th October 2019.
Dates: January- March
-Set up: Wednesday 8th January & Thursday 9th January -Opening night: Thursday 9th January
- Duration of exhibition: Thursday 9th January- Tuesday 3rd March
- Take down: Tuesday 3rd March
Deadline for call out: Tuesday 17th December 2019
Dates: March- May
-Set up: Wednesday 4th March- Thursday 5th March
- Opening night: Thursday 5th March
- Duration of exhibition: Thursday 5th March- Wednesday 29th May
- Take down: Wednesday 29th May
Theme: People power
Deadline for call out: Tuesday 18th February 2020
To apply please download and complete the application form below and email to [email protected] with the subject of the email as the theme of the exhibition eg- ‘PLAY’.