Building Maintenance Assistant (Trainee)
Employer: Make Liverpool CIC
Employment Contract: Fixed term (56 weeks)
with a view to be permanent
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Wage: In line with National Minimum Wage for the age of the person
This role is part funded using European Social Fund monies. Candidate needs to be a Liverpool resident aged 16-29 who is not currently in education, training or employment and meet one o the follow criteria….
- Any young adult who is from black and ethnic minority backgrounds
- Anyone 16 – 24 who has been unemployed for 6months+
- Anyone 25 – 29 who has been unemployed for 12months+
- Any young adult who is a lone parent
- Any young adult who is a care leavers
- Any young adults who has a disability or special educational needs
- Any young adults who has diagnosed mental health illnesses
- Young adults who have a previous conviction
Before applying for this role please check to ensure you meet the above criteria for the funding. If you have any questions regarding your suitability. Please contact us via the below email or ring 0151 233 2726 / 0151 233 2691. Please email CV with employer name & job title in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make Liverpool CIC supports artists, makers and small businesses in Liverpool.
Make Liverpool operates two venues, a creative space in Elevator Studios in the Baltic Triangle and 18,000 square feet of maker space on Regent Street, amidst the growing cultural cluster of Liverpool’s north docks. Our two venues are open to members, residents and the public.
We’re a place to work from and we run workshops, events, and exhibitions. It’s a place to collaborate and create; a magnet for creatives, makers, dreamers and doers.
The ILM Role:-
The Building Maintenance Assistant is responsible for assisting with the overall running of the building, to include general building maintenance, day-to-day upkeep activities and custodial duties, as well as being the first point of contact for visitors. The Building Maintenance Assistant will take pride in the smooth running of a busy building that is tidy, clean, well-kept and most importantly safe.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the building, ensuring it is tidy, clean, well-kept and safe
- Undertaking maintenance and upkeep activities and custodial duties
- Being a first point of contact within the building for visitors
- Being responsible for general building maintenance, cleaning and day-today-upkeep
- Carrying out essential maintenance (minor repairs such as mending windows, changing lightbulbs and unblocking drains, turning heating and lighting on and off at appropriate times, making sure the premises are clean and tidy with rubbish collected and taken away, maintain the grounds and removing litter, and informing the line manager of any major repairs required)
- Being responsible for security (to unlock buildings in the morning before people arrive, and then lock up at the end of the day and a shared duty of letting people in who have hired rooms for clubs, classes or evening events)
- Making arrangements for meetings (arranging tables and chair, clearing away afterwards, ensuring disabled access to the building when necessary)
- Storing equipment and supplies safely
- Understanding fire safety regulations, Health and Safety regulations, emergency procedures and the rules for evacuating a building
- Replacement of consumables (soap, toilet rolls, hand towels) and of lighting tubs and lights
Helping to manage the use of the workshop by members and tenants. Ensuring health and safety is abide by at all times.
Inducting new workshop members in to the workshop
- Maintaining a variety of records and monitoring meter readings and fuel usage
- Undertaking additional duties as required to support the team
We are looking for someone who is:
- Enthusiastic about getting stuck in to new tasks.
- A good communicator
- Takes pride in things being clean and tidy
- Has good attention to detail
- Will complete work to a high standard
- Comfortable with no day being the same
In return we will:-
- Give you all the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in a marketing and communications role the beauty business.
- Be a supportive and welcoming employer.
- Be flexible where possible and appropriate.
- Offer an exciting work environment in a social enterprise are for forefront of culture and creativity in Liverpool City Region.
- We would also love to offer you a job within the company at the end of the 12 months.
- All training and materials will be provided.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to Make Liverpool: email@example.com AND to the Liverpool City Council ILM Team at ILM@liverpool.gov.uk making sure you put the job title and employer name in the subject box.
Closing date for CV’s will be 9am Thursday 29th November