Marketing Assistant (Trainee)
Employer: Make Liverpool CIC
Employment Contract: Fixed term (56 weeks)
with a view to be permanent
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Wage: In line with National Minimum Wage for the age of the person
This role is part funded using European Social Fund monies. Candidate needs to be a Liverpool resident aged 16-29 who is not currently in education, training or employment and meet one o the follow criteria….
- Any young adult who is from black and ethnic minority backgrounds
- Anyone 16 – 24 who has been unemployed for 6months+
- Anyone 25 – 29 who has been unemployed for 12months+
- Any young adult who is a lone parent
- Any young adult who is a care leavers
- Any young adults who has a disability or special educational needs
- Any young adults who has diagnosed mental health illnesses
- Young adults who have a previous conviction
Before applying for this role please check to ensure you meet the above criteria for the funding. If you have any questions regarding your suitability. Please contact us via the below email or ring 0151 233 2726 / 0151 233 2691. Please email CV with employer name & job title in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make Liverpool CIC supports artists, makers and small businesses in Liverpool.
Make Liverpool operates two venues, a creative space in Elevator Studios in the Baltic Triangle and 18,000 square feet of maker space on Regent Street, amidst the growing cultural cluster of Liverpool’s north docks. Our two venues are open to members, residents and the public.
We’re a place to work from and we run workshops, events, and exhibitions. It’s a place to collaborate and create; a magnet for creatives, makers, dreamers and doers.
The role of Marketing Assistant is dedicated to assisting with the smooth running of the marketing campaigns and sales efforts. The role will work closely with other team members involved in marketing and sales of various Make products. This can include planning new campaigns, executing various tasks on projects undertaken by other members of the team, and ensuring that the company collects the proper data required to measure impact and success. It’s important to Make to tell the story of what is happening day-to-day. We do this through an active social media presence, blogs, videos and other online and printed content. This role will assist in telling the Make story.
- Assist in the marketing efforts of Make Liverpool through good quality written content. The role will research, write, proofread and publish content. This includes, but not limited to, blogs, videos, press releases, social media posts, adverts, etc.
- Acting as an ambassador for the organisation, contributing to the effectiveness of meetings with members of our team, and members of neighboring organisations, the sharing of knowledge and experience and the development of Make Liverpool and its profile, including, but not limited to, social media accounts
- Assisting in the management of a busy marketing calendar. Scheduling content to be published at appropriate times. Assisting in managing external communication around what is going on day-to-day within Make Liverpool, including around classes, commissions, events and residents. Staying informed about what is happening and covering the activity were appropriate.
- Producing regular communications for residents newsletter and critical internal communication.
- Producing regular newsletters to members, stakeholders and interest members of the public.
- Establishing and administering databases to ensure accurate information is available to the whole team, as well as keeping all members of the team up-to-date with current information around marketing.
- Supporting Make Liverpool’s community objectives through engagement in events and current affairs. Covering Makes involvement at events. Support Make to run events.
- Actively pursuing, building and managing relationships with partners and organisations in collaboration with the Executive Team.
- Participating proactively in all staff and team meetings as required and feeding back information and updates to all other members of the team to ensure optimal strategy and maximum efficiency.
- Developing and attaining success criteria around Makes marketing efforts.
- Producing ad hoc and regular reports and presentations as required.
- Communicating proactively, effectively and regularly with all residents, individuals and organisations taking part in projects.
- Administrative duties including photocopying, minute taking when required and other administration tasks, as well as data input including web development, monitor project progress, budget, hours, etc.
- Undertaking additional duties as required to support the team, working to achieve individual and team outcomes, supporting other members of the team with their projects when necessary.
- Representing Make’s values
We are looking for someone who is:
- Enthusiastic about getting stuck in to new tasks.
- A good communicator
- Passionate about storytelling
- Has good attention to detail
- Takes pride in completing work to a high standard
- Comfortable with no day being the same
In return we will:-
- Give you all the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in a marketing and communications role the beauty business.
- Be a supportive and welcoming employer.
- Be flexible where possible and appropriate.
- Offer an exciting work environment in a social enterprise are for forefront of culture and creativity in Liverpool City Region.
- We would also love to offer you a job within the company at the end of the 12 months.
- All training and materials will be provided.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to Make Liverpool: email@example.com AND to the Liverpool City Council ILM Team at ILM@liverpool.gov.uk making sure you put the job title and employer name in the subject box.
Closing date for CV’s will be 9am Thursday 29th November